September 5, 2008
It's Been A While...
Lately, I've been trying to update this thing and it just won't happen. I don't know what it is. Well, okay, that's a lie, I do, but it's hard to explain. I'm back in the States (back in New York, in fact) and things have been really great and I think everything's going to explode into goodness soon, but that doesn't diminish the fact that I miss Dublin in this completely intangible way. I've been trying to distract myself, but no matter what I do (and I've been doing a lot), it all comes back. Maybe it's the noise. It's so noisy here. And not even in a literal way--things aren't exactly loud--but there's just way too much hustle and bustle and my brain is refusing (resisting?) computation. And people, they are anxious. And I look around and I see all this stuff and I just want to feel like I did when I wasn't taking anything for granted, because I couldn't afford to (and that's literal). I guess what I'm trying to say is, maybe I'll learn to love it again and maybe I won't, but I sure as hell am getting the fuck out of the country if John McCain wins the election, because he and his VPILF scare the living daylights out of me. When faced with the prospect of the two of them running our country, I am all deer-in-the-headlights. My eyes are wide, and I see the accident waiting to happen, but I don't do anything, because my body won't let me, and I am stuck. Our country's really going to take a nasty nose dive if the Republicans take office again. Bonus points to Sarah Palin for having the cutest daughter ever, though. That kid is going to grow up and either be a big lying bitch like her mommy, or rebel and wind up a disowned lesbian in a rock band or something. Piper has truly been an inspiration these past 24 hours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment