Today, I spent the majority of my time sitting in my room and transferring all my information (files, documents, apps, etc.) from my geriatric laptop to my new best friend. Because we now have wireless in the house (the fact that my dad still composes all matters of written business on a typewriter and this is so astounds me), I attempted to migrate all my information via the power of software, but my little white machine was too old and tired to be bothered, so I had to manually save everything onto an external hard drive and go from there. This task, as any seasoned pro of such a feat could tell you, takes gobs of time, but because my new laptop is speedy and AWESOME, I had many a podcast to listen to while I clicked and dragged and dropped, clicked and dragged and dropped. During this, I also did a load of laundry for free (ah, the perks of being home!), and took a break to watch Man on Wire with my mom. Incredible documentary, one of the best I've seen in a while.
Tomorrow, I head back to New York. Sadly, I haven't gotten to do a whole lot while I've been here in Chicago. The weather single-handedly ruined many of my plans, including my holiday present to my P's, which was to cook them dinner (couldn't leave the house to get food because of the snow and subzero temperatures). Maybe next time?
This break's been really great, but there's maybe been a bit too much bumming around. I did see a lot of films, though (an average of one a day at this point), and I reckon I'll finish at least one book by Monday. Also, I've started on my Trinity grad school application, and should have everything polished and ready by some point next week, so I guess I've been somewhat productive. Only time will tell.
In less than a month, I'll be back in Dublin. The thought of this alone makes me smile.
January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment