April 12, 2009

This Will Be Revised and Reposted On A Regular Basis

Here is a List of Bands/Artists I Can't Get Into, Even Though Music Blogs Tell Me I Should Love Them:

1. Department of Eagles
2. Phoenix
3. Chromeo
4. St. Vincent
5. Dirty Projectors
6. Grizzly Bear (this is a BIG one...everyone and their mother is supposed to be a fan)
7. Beach House (I think they're so boring! they made all the top-ten lists, and I don't understand why!)
8. Joanna Newsome (okay, this is old news, but I've never liked her...ever...and I think I'm the only one)
9. Forest Fire

Emm, think that's all for now. See title for what I plan to do with this thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like Joanna Newsom, either! I think. I have some of her songs on my computer because of my brother, and there was this one day that they came up on shuffle and caught me in the right mood. I think maybe I would like her music if it weren't her singing it -- I like her ideas, but I can't get past her chipmunk-like singing voice.

I do really like St. Vincent though. I haven't heard of most of these other bands.

Rebecca said...

Oh man, I just saw this comment. Apparently, Blogger doesn't see it fit to notify me when people comment on my blog. I've always assumed no one reads it.

However! I agree about Joanna Newsom. Can she stop sounding like someone's granny being strangled? That'd be lovely. As for St. Vincent, maybe someone needs to sit me down and have a talk with me/make me listen to her stuff extensively.